Known just as Sun Splash to the locals, kids who grow up in Southwest Florida go on field trips to the popular waterpark, and then end up taking their children to enjoy everything the park has to offer. It’s great Many kids also choose Sun Splash for their birthday parties. If your son or daughter is having a birthday while you’re on vacation, this is a great fun-filled option the entire family can enjoy.
Sun Splash Family Waterpark is in Cape Coral, FL and it’s located at 400 Santa Barbara Blvd.
Hours change throughout the year. For more information, visit http://sunsplashwaterpark.com/hours.
For general admission and seasonal pass prices, go to http://sunsplashwaterpark.com/rates.
The Cape Coral waterpark is open for a portion of the year, from March to September; it’s closed from October through February.
The park has professional sand volleyball courts and it’s very kid-friendly. There’s a Lily Pad Walk for older children and adults where you can test your agility and trek over water as you grab onto a rope above. Kids can play on the child-sized Pro Racers. There is also a Tot Spot for kids to play in, complete with floating logs, alligators and an interactive play area specially designed for young children.
There are also aquatic programs; a gift shop for souvenirs and necessities; a few different food options; a lazy river; a kids play area; and 14 acres of water slides and pools.
Slides at Sun Splash Family Waterpark in Cape Coral, FL
There are slides for everyone, whether you’re looking for something easy and fun or you’re a daredevil seeking something with a little more adrenaline. Slides include Cape Fear, Fun-L-Tunnel, Zoom Flume, the 457-foot Electric Slide and Power Surge. There are three different speed slides as well. They are the Thunder Bump, Terror Tube, and X-celerator.
Cape Fear takes you through a dark tunnel from a 30-foot-high platform and eventually drops down 215 feet.
The Fun-L-Tunnel drops 30 feet without a tube. Riders then slide down 200 feet.
Can I Leave and Come Back Later in the Day?
If you want to leave the park and come back later in the same day, you can! All you need is a hand stamp before you leave the premises. When you want to return, just show your hand stamp at the front and you’ll be good to go!
What Am I Allowed to Bring to Sun Splash Family Waterpark Cape Coral, FL?
- Guests can bring swim goggles. However, due to guest safety, swim fins and snorkels are not permitted.
- Swim diapers must be worn by babies and toddlers who are not yet potty-trained.
- If you forgot them, diapers and goggles are available for purchase at the Treasure Trove Gift Shop, located near the front entrance.
- The gift shops also sells towels, suntan products, swim trunks, t-shirts, sunglasses, aqua socks, hats and souvenirs.
- Guests cannot bring their own noodles, tubes or floats. This includes children’s bubble packs, inflatable rings, water wings and flotation seats. Tubes are already provided and they’re available on tube slides and on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Life vests are also provided for free. They’re required for non-swimmers, weak swimmers and small children.
What If It Rains During my Trip to Sun Splash Family Waterpark?
You can request a rain check if bad weather conditions considerably affect Sun Splash operations and your visit is cut short. Rain Checks are given out at the front gate and they’re usable until the end of the current season. For more information on Sun Splash Family Water Park’s weather policy, visit http://sunsplashwaterpark.com/park-info/ and click on the “Weather Policy” tab halfway down on the left.
What is There to Eat at Sun Splash Family Waterpark in Cape Coral, FL?
The Ice Cream Shop, Tiki Express and Calypso Café all serve a variety of snacks, fast food and combo meals. Some things you can look forward to including hot dogs, chicken Caesar salads or wraps, hamburgers, Italian ice and ice cream. It’s one of the perfect things to do in Florida for Labor Day weekend and other holidays. Guests can also purchase beer, wine, water and soda. Outside food or beverages are not allowed inside the park.
Sun Splash Family Waterpark Cape Coral, FL Lockers
If you need to store stuff, you can rent a locker at the gift shop. There is a one-time locker fee for a full day’s worth of unlimited access. A small locker is $11; a large one is $13.
Can I Rent Cabanas at Sun Splash Family Waterpark in Cape Coral, FL?
Guests can rent a cabana from Pirate’s Cove Cabanas. Cabana rentals do not include admission to the park.
A cabana rental includes:
- 10 X 10 cabana with drop-down privacy curtains
- Two chairs and a table
- Two lounge chairs
- Cooler with four bottles of water
- $100, Monday through Thursday
- $125, Friday through Sunday and on Holidays
Luxury Loungers are another option for $35 Monday through Friday; $40, Saturday and Sunday.
The Luxury Lounger can be reserved from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you’d like more information, please call 239.574.0558 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also secure loungers for the day at guest services or the ticket booth window.
Some Sun Splash Family Waterpark Rules and Regulations
- If you’d like to bring your own chairs, guests are permitted to do so in order to ensure there is enough seating. However, the water park is not responsible for stolen or lost items.
- Children must be 13 or older to visit the park without being accompanied by an adult.
- There is a minimum height requirement of 48 inches tall for some water rides.
- Weapons and outside alcoholic beverages are not allowed on the property.
- Dri-fit shirts are only allowed to be worn on slides.
- Guests must wear appropriate swimwear—no G-strings, thongs, denim shorts or hard materials like hard casts or belt buckles.
Featured Royal Shell Rentals in Cape Coral near Sun Splash Family Waterpark
If a day (or two) at Sun Splash Family Water Park in Cape Coral, FL sounds like the perfect way to cool off in the hot Florida sun, why not stay nearby so you can enjoy it as much as possible?
Royal Shell features a variety of vacation rental properties in Cape Coral. They’re perfect for families and they come in various shapes, colors and sizes. Let us know what type of vacation home you’re envisioning and our Vacation Planning Advisors will start searching for the perfect rental for your lifestyle and budget while you enjoy the waterpark.