Not many things conjure up thoughts of a vacation like sipping on a strawberry daiquiri. Its frozen and refreshing simplicity just screams ‘drink me on the beach and leave your worries behind.’ And if that’s what we should do, we are all about it! The daiquiri is a family of cocktails and strawberry is just one option. All you need to make a daiquiri is rum, lime juice and sugar. Did you know daiquiri is also a beach and iron mine near Santiago de Cuba? The drink is thought to be invented during the Spanish-American War. In addition to a strawberry daiquiri, there is an avocado, banana and Hemingway version. Since we all love strawberries and it’s the most popular daiquiri flavor, we thought we’d show you how to make one so you can enjoy it on your next vacation. Or when you want to think about your next one!
This strawberry daiquiri recipe is from our friends at the Food Network. It yields 6 servings.
What you’ll need:
- 6 ounces of your favorite light rum
- 1 12-ounce bag of frozen strawberries
- 5 Tablespoons of sugar
- 4 ounces of lime juice
- 6 fresh slices of strawberries, for garnish
- Mix the frozen strawberries, lime juice, sugar, and rum in a blender
- Blend until the mixture is smooth
- Divide into six highball or hurricane glasses
- Garnish each with a strawberry
- Serve and enjoy
- Think about your next Florida vacation