Get Back to Business in Southwest Florida
Many businesses in Southwest Florida are bouncing back after Hurricane Ian and are ready to welcome guests and customers!
Wondering what’s open in Southwest Florida? The list below represents local spots that are open for business! Grab a bite to eat, do some shopping, and show support as we all recover from Hurricane Ian’s devastation. Learn more about hurricane recovery efforts in Fort Myers, Sanibel Island, Captiva Island, and the surrounding areas.
What’s Open on Sanibel Island
- Cielo: Get farm-to-table cuisine Tuesday – Saturday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., with a limited menu.
- Gramma Dot’s: Visit the Gramma Dot’s food truck outside of their restaurant at Sanibel Marina. Open Monday – Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Green Flash Restaurant: Now open for lunch, serving favorites like meatball grinders, sausage & onions, and more.
- Jerry’s Foods: This neighborhood favorite is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. The deli and Coquina Coffee are open 7 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Rebel Gas & Convenience Store: Get gas and shop at the convenience store daily from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sanctuary Golf Club: A private club, it has opened to serve food to its members.
- Sanibel Captiva Community Bank: The main Sanibel Island branch (2406 Periwinkle Way) is open Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., for your banking needs.
- Sanibel Deli & Coffee Factory: The deli is open Monday – Saturday, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Closed Sunday.
- Sanibel Grill: The grill is open Thursday – Sunday, from Noon to 6 p.m., with a limited food menu but a full bar and NFL Sunday Ticket.
- Timbers Restaurant: The famous crunchy grouper is back!
- Traders Restaurant & Shopping Emporium: Innovative island bistro cuisine, live entertainment, amazing store, happy hour, extensive wines, and succulent seafood.
What’s Open on Captiva Island
- Royal Shell: We are currently open Monday – Friday, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., but hours will expand soon. We are providing vacation rental services, real estate sales, and free Wi-Fi to Captiva homeowners.
- Beach Stuff: This shop typically rents water sports equipment but is currently open to those with island access who are in need of gear for recovery efforts.
- Captiva Island Pizza: Get pizza and key lime pie in the heart of Captiva Island on Andy Rosse Lane.
- Captiva Yacht Club: A private club, it has opened to serve food to its members.
- The Island Store: A favorite general store in the heart of Captiva Island on Andy Rosse Lane.
- Mainstay North Captiva Restaurant & Bar: This popular restaurant and bar is open for business and offers discounts for island recovery workers on Wednesdays!
- Old Captiva House: This National Registry of Historic Places landmark is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with a limited menu.
*Please be aware you must have a reentry pass to travel to and from Sanibel and Captiva islands. These passes are available to business owners and employees, hurricane relief workers, and those with a Captiva or Sanibel address on their driver’s licenses.
What’s Open in Fort Myers
- Bruno’s of Brooklyn: Enjoy Italian-inspired eats at this family-owned restaurant!
- Bucketts Wings & More: Support the sports bar that’s supporting the community. Bucketts hosts frequent benefit days where 10% of the day’s sales go to the staff of local restaurants that are closed due to damage from Hurricane Ian.
- Cabos Cantina Taco & Tequila Bar: A modern Mexican scratch kitchen Downtown on 1st Street.
- Capone’s Coal Fired Pizza: The Downtown 1st Street restaurant serves authentic Italian pizza.
- Captain Brian on the Water: Captain Brian is currently providing guided tours of Cabbage Key and other islands. Departs from Royal Shell Point Sanibel Marina.
- FK Your Diet: Get a healthy meal and give back to the community at this family-style restaurant!
- Il Pomodoro: Try homemade authentic Italian from different regions in Italy.
- Ginza Endless Sushi & Hibachi: All-you-can-eat sushi and hibachi are on the menu for lunch and dinner here.
- India’s Grill: Natural spices and organic ingredients make this favorite Indian food spot special.
- Jonesez BBQ: Keep up with the Jonesez at this take-out barbecue joint!
- The Lodge: Sometimes a burger and a beer are all you need. Find both here.
- Maikel’s Kitchen: Get a taste of Cuba and Latin America for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Maverick Grille: Satisfy your hunger and your heart with lunch or dinner from Maverick Grille.
- Mel’s Diner: This Southwest Florida diner is open for business.
- Millennial Brewing Company: Relax with a pint and enjoy local flavor at this Downtown Fort Myers favorite.
- Pho 99: There’s something special about a warm bowl of pho as Gulf breezes roll in! Find it here.
- Poppy’s Pizza: Craving pizza for dinner? Order delivery or take-out from this New York-inspired pizza place.
- Roadhouse Cafe: Combines outstanding cuisine with live jazz entertainment to provide a unique experience in elegance and fine dining.
- Shojin Ramen Sushi: Find Asian and Asian Fusion foods for lunch and dinner at this local favorite.
- Terra Nostra: Get Italian classics, steaks, and seafood! Features a modern martini & wine bar.
- Lee County Parks and Recreation: Many local parks, pools, community centers, and even boat launches are welcoming those in need of a little fun.
- Southwest Floridas International Airport: You’ll find the airport in Fort Myers as busy and bustling as ever, even as hurricane recovery continues. Learn more about flights to RSW.
What’s Open in Fort Myers Beach
- Bayfront Bistro: This local favorite is open for a late lunch or early dinner with a limited menu.
- The Cigar Hut: You ever hear the saying “smoke ’em if you’ve got ’em”? Well, they have a limited supply of them and are open for business.
- La Ola Surfside Restaurant: Enjoy wraps, burritos, and more at this food truck! Find them at Times Square on Fort Myers Beach.
- Moss Marina: Their fuel dock is back open to the public, and they welcome new dry storage customers.
- Wahoo Willie’s: The best of local produce, fish, and seafood caught off the Southwest coast.
- Yucatan Beach Stand: Enjoy a carefree island spirit, tasty food, and live music. They have their full bar and food menu available now.
What’s Open in Cape Coral
- Café YOU: Find flavors from Down Under at this unique coffee and food destination.
- Jungle Bird: Taste the topics at this tiki destination! Open for most days for lunch, dinner, and even Sunday brunch.
- Masala Mantra: Looking for a little extra spice? Consider this Indian restaurant. They even feature vegan options.
- Two Meatballs in the Kitchen: With locations in Cape Coral and Fort Myers, this is the perfect place to enjoy an Italian meal in Southwest Florida.
- Eight-Foot Brewing: Uniquely crafted beer makes visiting this local, small-batch brewery totally worth it.
- Wicked Dolphin: Taste some local spirits at this distillery. The tasting room and distillery tours are available now.
- Scotty’s BierWerks: Have a great pint and a good time at this Cape Coral taproom!
- Cape Coral Parks and Recreation: Find open neighborhood parks, sports complexes, and boat ramps in Cape Coral.
What’s Open in Bonita Springs
- Chops City Grill: This upscale eatery serves a unique blend of steaks and sushi.
- Corner Spot Diner: No matter the time of day, find something delicious here. This diner is open for brunch, lunch, and dinner.
- DeRomo’s: Enjoy being a guest at this Bonita Springs restaurant with an Italian soul.
- Farmer Mike’s: Find local fruits and veggies with a side of family fun at this unique market.
- Figs Grille: This popular dinner spot is open Monday through Saturday. Find an inspired menu with great seafood and more.
- Lansdowne Street: Looking for elevated bar food and craft beer? This Bonita Springs restaurant is ready to welcome you.
- Promenade at Bonita Bay: Browse local shops and lush scenery at this top-end shopping destination. Shop hours may vary.
- Riptide Brewing Company: Beat the Blues at Bonita Springs’ favorite brewhouse.
- Skillets: Start your day with a great breakfast at this popular spot. They’re open for lunch, too.
- Subway: Get a quick sandwich at this popular sub spot.
- Bonita Springs Parks: Walk, play, splash, and even bark at the many Bonita Springs parks open for your enjoyment!
Royal Shell is Ready to Welcome You Back to Southwest Florida
Now that you know a little more about what’s open in Southwest Florida, it’s time to plan a visit! The vacation-planning experts at Royal Shell have the latest information about local spots open for business and vacation rentals ready to welcome you home. Contact us today!