Brand Ambassador / Content Writer
In this role of Brand Ambassador/Content Writer, you will identify, develop, coordinate and update digital content for a variety of communication channels including Google Search and Display, based on identified target audiences and campaign objectives. You will create various forms of digital and website content including blogging and content for landing pages.
What You’ll Do
- Write, edit, update, maintain and remove digital content, as necessary.
- Draft and implement compelling content that is SEO-friendly and AP style-friendly.
- Proofread digital content for grammar, spelling, usage, and accuracy. Review and proofread other team members’ work to ensure consistency in brand standards and quality of work.
- Use Google Analytics, SEMrush and similar tools to review performance data.
- Create and execute email marketing tactics within PinPointe and/or other platforms as needed.
- Perform keyword research to inform high-performing content strategies (keyword research, SEO strategy, pillar pages, off-page).
- Develop online publishing strategy that aligns with business objectives within the organization
- Create engaging content to support marketing campaigns for various initiatives
- Create branding and content style guides to protect and oversee brand representation in the digital space.
- Recommend and implement procedure, schedule and system for updating digital content.
- Determine proper format for content assets and edits introductions, and content length.
- Coordinate content integration and updates as well as content management tools to facilitate regular content development and updates
- Ensure adherence to established Search Engine Optimization (SEO) guidelines and integration into content and oversee outside content and SEO vendors as necessary.
- Ensure content and context accuracy, tone and style consistency, as well as correct brand positioning across all communication channels.
- Work with digital marketing to optimize content based on analytics, and make recommendations to improve performance.
- Create visual storytelling that accurately inform, entertain and engage specific audiences and platforms, determined through the use of digital metrics.
- Connect with the community through visual storytelling and outreach (social media, on camera, forums, community leadership, etc.)
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional writing skills across a variety of styles.
- Digital content writing and SEO experience.
- Social media marketing preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to articulate and communicate brand voice and messaging.
- Internal communications experience.
- Proven ability to engage stakeholders and work effectively within a cross-departmental team.
- Knowledge and experience of working with WordPress CMS for uploading content to our website.
- Google Analytics, Adwords and Hubspot experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years writing, editing and internet technologies experience, required. Hospitality or service oriented business experience, preferred.
- Strong communications skills. Ability to manage a variety of digital content projects simultaneously.
- Experience in writing engaging content for campaigns for use across a number of channels
- Proficient in the development, optimization and posting of original content, including collateral, website, blogs, ads, email and a variety of value-add content pieces.
- Ability to manage all digital and print. This will include writing, editing, proofing and ensuring all content is SEO optimized where necessary.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator a plus
How We Care for our Employees
We provide our eligible employees with a comprehensive selection of company-paid and voluntary benefits, including:
- A choice of HMO and PPO Health Insurance Plans
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Accident Plan
- Hospitalization Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Two Weeks of Vacation (increases with seniority)
- Five Personal Days
- Six Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
Equal Employment Opportunity
Royal Shell is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Royal Shell participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Right to Work Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 239-333-1790 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Applicant Accommodation in the subject line. Please note that only individuals needing assistance should use this contact information.
Royal Shell takes the COVID pandemic seriously and we adhere to recommended CDC guidelines when meeting or working with others, including wearing masks and practicing social distancing during the interview process.